Architects Without Borders-Seattle provides ecologically sensitive and culturally appropriate design assistance to communities in need here and abroad.
- Effective and appropriate design is vital to improving communities and the environment.
- Collaborative long-term relationships with communities are essential to providing effective design assistance.
- Exchange of knowledge and skills empowers both communities and designers.
- Interdisciplinary integrated design solutions maximize the positive impact of our projects.
- Volunteers are fundamental to our work.
History of Architects without Borders-Seattle
Founded In 2005 by a group of Seattle architects and designers in response to the Asian Tsunami, Architects without Borders Seattle is part of an international coalition of designers committed to providing pro bono design services to communities in need.
In 2006, AWB-S became a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit, and we have continued to expand our services.